Join the Stewardship Mountaineers for the first butterfly plantings of 2019!
Help plant native wildflowers on the green slopes of Owl Canyon to provide nectar and shelter for the endangered Mission Blue and Callippe Silverspot butterflies! We'll enjoy a delicious picnic along Owl Creek after the planting.
Please RSVP below and see directions to the meeting location.
Driving Directions to Owl Canyon
1) From Bayshore Blvd, turn onto Valley Drive, the entrance to Crocker Industrial Park in Brisbane.
2) Drive down Valley Drive and turn left at the stoplight at the intersection of Valley Drive and South Hill Drive
3) Drive a very short distance on South Hill Drive; as the road begins to curve, immediately after a pedestrian crosswalk, you'll see a steep driveway on your left with potholes. Turn into that steep driveway and drive up. (Use "69 South Hill Drive, Brisbane, CA 94005" for navigation systems to reach this driveway)
4) At the top of the driveway turn right and continue driving down the road for another minute. (The first canyon on at the top of the driveway is Buckeye Canyon; keep driving down the road to the second canyon, which is Owl Canyon.)
5) The entrance to Owl Canyon is next to an open chain-link gate, and parking is available along the road parallel to the drainage ditch. This is the drop off location (see map: https://goo.gl/maps/8mGYsgN5eSL2)